3 Tips To Overcome Limiting Beliefs
Aug 04, 2019
As a business coach, this is one of the biggest obstacles that I help my clients tackle. I don't care if you are trying to sell yourself in an interview to land that promotion, sell a million-dollar house, or sell a $20 essential oil. Limiting beliefs are not predigested. They affect everyone.
So I follow a 6 Keys To Success formula when I first start working with a new client. It goes like this:
• Work-Life Balance
• Action Plan (No, strategies and action plans are not the same.)
• Limiting Beliefs
• Fears vs. Confidence
• Marketing To Your Ideal Client
Sometimes we are covering all 6 keys in one session. However, more times than not, limiting belief is where the deepest in the mindset work lies.
Why? Because I can help you gain all the clarity in the world. I can help you visualize so much that you can feel it as though it is happening now. Create the action plans. Help you realize that those fears are just warning signs to be prepared for and nail down the person you are marketing too. But at the end of the day, if you don't truly believe this will all work, you will hold yourself back. You will stop before you start.
Here are 3 tips to help you overcome your limiting beliefs.
• Recognize Your Limiting Beliefs - If you find yourself saying things like, "I don't have enough education," "the market is too saturated," "with everything on amazon, no one will want to buy from me"... Recognize that those are just limiting beliefs. If you truly are thinking like that then you will never take action steps to make it happen.
• Realize Where They Come From - Often these beliefs are ingrained in us from our experiences and programming. You know, like when your parents would say things like "money doesn't grow on trees" or "we don't spend money on foolish things like that". So once you can identify where these beliefs come from, you can give it a different meaning. You can know that perception is a reality and that was just someone else perception of the situation.
• Release It - You can release by stating to yourself "this belief does not serve me and my future successful self". It truly is that simple. Note, I did not say easy. This will need to be done on a conscious and constant basis until you truly believe it. Most of these beliefs are deeply ingrained in us and it will take time and effort to change.
Then you can reframe and create a new belief. You will need to replace your limiting belief with a new one to take its place. Some trip themselves up with this part, but it's crucial. You must write out and say out loud, with conviction, I believe that________. If that feels too fake because you aren't sure how you will achieve your goals just yet, try this: I believe that I will ____________, even though I am still (learning how, finding ways to, researching, etc).
Here is the good news. No matter where you are and what you are trying to do, know that, as @MarieForleo always says, everything is figure-out-able. I want you to believe in yourself as much as I believe in YOU!